I learned more about the safety of working with electrical power in this class than I had ever learned on my own in my whole life. Dave and Todd are just awesome instructors, wish I could spend a month with them.
-Application Engineer for a battery manufacturer
on-site Arc Flash Training
Your instructor-led, interactive training session lasts approximately 8 hours and covers:
- understanding shock
- effects of shock on the body
- methods to remove a shock victim from a live circuit
- dangers of arc flash/blast
- electrically safe work conditions
- how to achieve electrically safe work conditions
- electric arc flash and shock analysis procedures
- safe work practices for working on energized electrical equipment
Students will apply safe work practices to:
- identify correct safe work distances for shock and arc flash protection
- select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for each energized work situation
- determine need for and select appropriate voltage rated tools and test equipment when working on or near energized electrical equipment
The course can be held at your location of choice. Students will receive a manual containing the information covered during the course, including tables for determining shock and arc flash boundaries, voltage rated tools and glove requirements, and arc rated clothing requirements.
For more information, or to schedule your training session, contact us at 847-608-8244, or send us a message.