MKD Electric offers electric arc flash studies, including arc flash hazard analysis, coordination studies, and employee arc flash safety training to help keep you compliant with the OSHA and NFPA 70E/ NFPA 70B requirements.
Don’t know where to start to get your facility NFPA 70E/ NFPA 70B and OSHA compliant? Contact our team to walk you through our arc flash studies program, including:
Understand NFPA 70E and have a complete, written NFPA 70E safety plan
- On site field data verification and audit required to engineer arc flash hazard analysis
- Perform short circuit analysis to evaluate adequacy of electrical distribution system equipment to withstand or interrupt the calculated maximum available short circuit at the location
- Arc flash hazard analysis conforms to the 2015 NFPA 70E Standards
Train and qualify employees in NFPA 70E compliance. We offer on-site and online arc flash safety training courses geared towards NFPA 70E compliance for your company’s electrical safety program.
Engineering services to perform electric arc flash hazard analysis to determine arc boundary, incident energy at working distance and PPE that people within the arc flash boundary shall use.
Create, print and install arc flash labels containing: nominal system voltage, arc flash boundary, incident energy at working distance, minimum arc rating of clothing and site specific level of PPE.
Provide the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment). We offer complete Category 2 and Category 4 PPE kits:
- Category 2 PPE kit includes: Coveralls, Hard Cap, Face Shield, Chin Cup, Cap Bracket, 11″ Class 0 Rubber Gloves, Leather Protector Gloves, (Size 9), Safety Glasses, Ear Plugs, Balaclava, Glove and Gear Bag.
- Category 4 PPE kit includes: Jacket and Bib, Hood with Hard Cap, 14″ Class 2 Rubber Gloves and 12″ Protector Gloves, Safety Glasses, Ear Plugs, Glove Bag And Gear Bag
Perform maintenance on electrical equipment. Whether you are looking for a de-energized clean, torque, and tighten; high-end primary and secondary breaker injection testing; or a comprehensive energized program, our electrical predictive and preventive maintenance programs have what you need.
Protective Device Coordination Studies
- Over-current device time-current coordination analysis to determine suggested settings, and depending on the system, ampere ratings and types of protective devices.
- The goal of the study is ensure that the downstream devices (breakers/fuses) clear the short circuit fault before the upstream devices. This effort will minimize the effect of a fault to the smallest area possible.
- Provide recommendations and quotes to resolve coordination problems once study is complete.
For more information on arc flash studies, NFPA 70E compliance, or electrical preventive maintenance, call us at 847-608-8244, or send us a message.