Solar Construction Experts
MKD self performs all the electrical scope of work on our solar projects.
Our solar construction and installation services include:
- Excavation and backfill for electrical duct banks and trenches
- Foundations for switchgear and transformer
- Inverter, Combiner, and DAS Rack assembly (see more in our prefab section)
- PV conduit, wire pulling, and terminations (wire pre-spooled in our fab shop)
- CAB system installations where specified
- AC conduit, wire pulling, and terminations
- Medium Voltage scope including pole setting, equipment installation and wiring at POI.
- Testing, commissioning, and turnover of systems
- For rooftop projects, we also provide complete racking and module installation
In addition, we can assist with other scopes of work including:
- Tree removal
- Civil work for road and other access needs
- Fence installation
- O&M services
- Module Installations
- Fiber optic and low voltage work
When you see MKD blue on the job site, you know you’re in good hands. Our experienced team controls quality at every step of a project, from initial stages through completion. We know quality is about a job well done. Every time.
Our Solar certifications include:
- ICC Certified
- NABCEP Certified
- CAB System Installation Authorized
- We have “Qualified Persons” as defined by the State of Illinois to perform solar installations
DRIVEN BY PRECISION.
MKD brings award-winning project management expertise to solar projects. We know to be successful, it takes excellent communication and planning.
For us, this starts with sequencing work and tasks in ways that best support our client’s needs,along with overall project milestones. On solar projects, clean handoffs from one task to another are vital.
We utilize an integrated system of project monitoring tools comprised of Accubid, Spectrum Accounting Software, and Primavera P6 to build a detailed WBS for our client’s solar project portfolios. This allows us to plan our work in the most efficient sequence possible and gives us the ability to monitor these individual activities for risks daily.
MKD provides turnkey solutions from permitting and planning, to construction and commissioning, to ongoing maintenance of your solar plant. Our wide range of solar-related services make MKD a one-stop-shop for all of your solar projects.
We offer a wide range of solar-related services, including:
- Mechanical Drafting, including 2D AutoCAD, 3D Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Electrical, and 3D Renderings
- In-house steel and electrical design and fabrication capabilities with a team of welders and fabricators, and a shop with a 20-ton and 5-ton crane
- UL/CSA listed panel shop and control system integration department
- Experience performing public projects where certified payrolls are required