When you see MKD blue on the jobsite, you know you’re in good hands. Our team members are highly trained and skillful industrial electricians committed to delivering top-notch service. From our innovative solutions to complete turnover packages, we believe quality is about a job well done. Every time.
MKD’s processes control quality at every step of a project, from initial planning stages through completion. Pre-Project Award planning includes detailed project proposals, constructability reviews, and project controls planning. We like to have internal and external kickoff meetings to identify project goals and assess risk. At these meetings, we collectively set the course for the success of the project.
During construction, we use established field installation methods, state-of-the-art tools and equipment, and ongoing quality audits. In addition to any client-required tracking and documentation, we utilize an internal Electrical and Instrumentation tracking database for specific scopes of work. On a weekly basis, we send updates to the project team (internal and client) that tracks measurable levels of completion for different installations (conduit, wire, termination, QA/QC) on the project. We also include tracking of items outside of our scope (pipe, motors, valves, etc.) that are critical to the schedule, and related to our ability to complete our scope. Additionally, we include daily and weekly project reports from the Foreman, summarizing work completed.
Upon project completion, we conduct internal lessons learned meetings and provide the client with turnover packages, as well as provide ongoing service.
Thank you all for MKD’s commitment to completing this project according to the agreed-upon completion time. It is a pleasure to work with a contractor that keeps their commitments, and has the integrity that is needed in this industry. MKD is top-notch and I am glad I have been privileged to work with you.
-Project Manager for an Automation Contractor
The following awards we’ve won serve as a reflection to our commitment to quality:
- Associated Builders and Contractors Illinois Excellence in Construction: Award of Excellence (2016: 3 Awards; 2015: 3 Awards; 2014: 2 Awards; 2012; 2009; 2008; 2006; 2004)
- Associated Builders and Contractors Illinois Excellence in Construction: Award of Merit (2003, 1999)
- Associated Builders and Contractors Illinois Presidential Award (2014)
- Associated Builders and Contractors AQC (Accredited Quality Contractor) (2006-2012)
- Associated Builders and Contractors National Excellence in Construction–Electrical Under $2,000,000 Eagle Award (2009)