At MKD, safety is at the center of our culture. We hold the safety and health of our team members and clients at the core of our value system.
We’re proactive about safety
From daily safety huddles to weekly safety meetings, we are relentlessly proactive in our goal of zero injuries. We believe that every safety-related incident is preventable. Our 2021-22 EMR is 0.62, which is a company record-low rating 38% below the industry average of 1.0.
It’s not enough to react after an accident has resulted in a costly delay of work, an injury, or worse. We pro-actively plan for and assess each situation for potential safety concerns through Job Safety Evaluations and task-specific Job Safety Analyses, which are completed by each team member – for each task.
MKD Electric has earned the following awards as part of our commitment to maintaining safe working conditions for our team:
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) National Safety Excellence Award
- Pinnacle Level (2018)
- Excellence Level (2016-2017)
- Merit Level (2014-2015)
- Associated Builders and Contractors STEP (Safety Training Evaluation Process) Award
- Diamond Level (2017-2020)
- Platinum Level (2005-2012, 2015-2016)
- Gold Level (2014)
- National Contractors Insurance (NCI) Award of Excellence for Risk Control (2019)
- Three Rivers Manufacturing Association Gold Award (2005, 2009, 2012, 2014-2015, 2018)
(For decreasing our OSHA recordable incident rate by 25% compared to the previous three years)
- Three Rivers Manufacturing Association Meritorious Award (2009-2012, 2014-2018)
(For recognition for working without an OSHA recordable injury at a TRMA member plant)
- Chemical Industry Council of Illinois Membership Committee Award (2011)
(For outstanding contributions and leadership)
- Independent Electrical Contractors Spark Certificate (2009-2010)
(Safety Program Awareness and Retention Kit)
While we often speak of what is unacceptable, we speak less frequently of what is stellar or worthy of replication. I shared with both the 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. large groups that should field supervisors wish to see an effective Safety Task Assessment [comparable to MKD’s JSA], they should talk to or attend the MKD discussion…”
–HSE Assurance Manager for a large ground-up manufacturing facility project
Connect With Us
Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information? Enter your email to be added to our mailing list.