Kickstart Your Career!
There are many exciting career paths available at MKD Electric, and they all begin with the apprenticeship program.
The MKD Electric Apprenticeship Program is specifically focused on industrial electrical work. Our in-house Apprenticeship Program is certified by the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Apprenticeship Training.
It all begins with an intensive 6-week, full-time, paid, in-house boot camp to ensure our new team members are safe and productive. The remaining four years of apprenticeship includes weekly classroom instruction and “hands-on” lab work at the MKD Training Center, as well as documented on-the-job training.
At the conclusion of training, all participants are certified through The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
What to Expect
- Varying work environments and types of work
- Commutes of 0-1½ hours from where you live
- Nationwide travel positions are available
Full-Time Training Team
MKD Electric’s Training Department includes a Training Director with a Masters Degree in Adult Education, along with several full-time trainers and instructors with real-world experience.
Earn While You Learn!
MKD Apprentices are considered full-time employees from Day One of their apprenticeship, which means they are not only paid to complete their training but are also eligible for health benefits!
- Hard worker
- Willingness to learn
- Technical aptitude
- Reading and math skills
- Good communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Must have reliable transportation
- “Can-do” attitude
- Physically fit
- Pass alcohol, drug, and background screening
- Must have good transcripts, references, and resume
Why Apply for the MKD Electric Apprenticeship Program?
- Safety-focused team
- Highly skilled people
- Quality workmanship
- Excellent benefits and ongoing pay raises
- Great career paths available
- Steady work
- Abundant overtime opportunities
- Flexibility: Stay in one place or move around in the working area
- Family-like culture
- We have proven success in the electrical and instrumentation field
We want to hear from you.
Our Recruiting Team typically starts reviewing applications in November for the following years’ programs, but we encourage you to submit your resume at any time for consideration.